Do you love photography? Do you use Lightroom to edit your photos? If so, then you need to check out some of the best Lightroom presets available! In this blog post, we'll share some of our favorite presets with you, and we'll show you how to install them in Lightroom. So what are you waiting for? Start browsing through our list of presets today!
What are the best Lightroom presets and how do they work?
Lightroom presets are simply pre-made filters that you can apply to your photos with just one click. They're a great way to save time when editing, and they can help you achieve consistent results with your photos. Presets can also be a great starting point for further editing, as they provide a base look that you can then tweak to your liking.
There are tons of different Lightroom presets available, ranging from simple black and white filters to complex color grading presets. And with new presets being released all the time, it can be tough to keep up with the latest and greatest. That's why we've put together this list of our favorite Lightroom presets!
1. Wild Lavender Preset
Your new favorite collection has arrived in time for the busy season. Make your greens pop with these bright and vibrant summertime presets. Brown, silver, and Lilac tones to create warm, bohemian vibes. These presets were created to work with all skin tones.
2. Moody Lightroom Preset - Boudoir Tones
I have been holding on to this gem for a long time now. This Preset Collection has been created for dark and moody artwork. They are popping the highlights and giving you the mood you are craving.
They are created for low light / directed light Boudoir imagery. However, they work very well for images in flat and in natural light and it gives them a moody vibe with more contrast.
Some of them have a grainy very moody feel and some of them have a creamy vibe that gives perfect skin. The tonal range of this set ranges from blue hues to brown warm tones. Mood – Creamy – Faded – BW Magic.
Names like “Versace on the floor” “Aphrodisia” and “Drips of honey” make this Collection even more fun to edit.
This set is skin tone centric and works well with all skin tones!
3. The Cosmos Preset
Get that timeless classic monochrome look with ease that has an air of professional film photography mixed in with vintage-contemporary style. Nothing compares with The Cosmos collection when it comes to transforming any mundane scene into something much more compelling…The Cosmos is true to its name.
This preset collection is a monochromatic set of black and white presets. Perfect for filmy editing, weddings, and editorial photography.
4. Wanderlust Vol II Preset
Introducing The Wanderlust Collection Vol II – the brand new sequel to our ever-popular, original, best-selling Wanderlust collection. Moody tones and muted colors make this collection a perfect addition for you!
The Wanderlust Collection Vol II works amazing on all outdoor images, couples, weddings, families, overcast sky and the golden hour.
5. Embrace Volume II Preset
The Embrace Collection Vol II is the exclusive premium preset collection following the original best-selling Embrace Collection.
The benefits of using Lightroom presets
There are many benefits to using Lightroom presets, but here are a few of the most notable ones:
Time-saving: Applying a preset to your photo is much quicker than manually editing it. This can be a huge time-saver, especially if you have a large batch of photos to edit.
Consistent results: If you're looking to achieve consistent results with your photos, then using presets is a great way to do that. Once you find a preset that you like, you can apply it to all of your photos for a cohesive look.
Achieve complex effects with ease: Some editing effects can be difficult or time-consuming to achieve without presets. For example, color grading can be tricky to do manually, but there are tons of great color grading presets available. So if you're looking to achieve a certain look or effect with your photos, presets can be a great way to do that.
How to find the right presets for your needs
There are so many Lightroom presets available that it can be tough to know where to start. And with new presets being released all the time, it can be hard to keep up with the latest and greatest. So how do you find the right presets for your needs?
Here are a few tips:
1. Decide what type of preset you need. Are you looking for a black and white preset? A color grading preset? Something else entirely? Narrowing down your options will make it easier to find the right presets for your needs.
2. Read reviews. Once you've found a few presets that you're interested in, take some time to read reviews. See what other photographers are saying about the presets. This can help you narrow down your options even further.
3. Try before you buy. Many preset creators offer free samples of their presets, so you can try them out before you commit to buying anything. This is a great way to find out if a preset is right for you.
4. Be willing to experiment. Don't be afraid to try out new things! You might be surprised by how much you like a certain preset that you would have never considered otherwise.
So there you have it! These are just a few tips to help you find the best Lightroom presets for your needs. Now get out there and start experimenting!
How to install and use presets in Lightroom
Installing and using presets in Lightroom is a fairly simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Download the preset files. This will typically be in .lrtemplate or .xmp format.
- Open Lightroom and go to the Develop module.
- Click on the Presets tab, then click on Import Presets.
- Locate the preset files you downloaded in step 1 and select them. Then click Import.
- The presets will now be imported into Lightroom and will appear in the Presets panel.
- To use a preset, simply select it from the Presets panel and click on Apply. The preset will be applied to your photo.
Tips for tweaking presets to get the perfect look for your photos
Once you've found a preset that you like, there are a few things you can do to tweak it and get the perfect look for your photo. Here are a few tips:
- Adjust the intensity. Presets are designed to be applied with one click, but sometimes you may want to adjust the intensity of the effect. To do this, simply click on the preset and then use the slider to adjust the intensity.
- Adjust the individual settings. Most presets will have a number of different settings that you can adjust. For example, if there's a color grading preset, you may be able to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. So if you want to fine-tune the effect of the preset, you can adjust the individual settings.
- Try combining presets. You can also try combining multiple presets to get the perfect look for your photo. For example, you could use a black and white preset, then add a vignette effect on top. Or you could use a color grading preset, then add a sharpening effect. There are endless possibilities!
- Save your own presets. Once you've found the perfect combination of presets for your photo, you can save it as its own preset. That way, you can quickly apply that exact same effect to other photos in the future. To do this, simply go to the Develop module and click on the Presets tab. Then click on New Preset and give it a name. Make sure to select all of the settings that you want to save, then click Create.
Hopefully, these tips will help you get the most out of your presets and take your photos to the next level!
So there you have it! We’ve shared some of our favorite Lightroom presets with you, and we’ve shown you how to install them in your own copy of Lightroom. We hope you enjoy using them as much as we do! If you haven’t already, be sure to check out our other blog posts for more tips and tricks on photography and post-processing. And don’t forget to follow us on social media so you can stay up-to-date on all the latest news and releases from Embrace Presets. Thanks for reading, and happy editing!
Share this story