Never would I have thought I would be writing a blog about a pandemic. It seems so surreal. These are very much uncharted waters and I know we are all on this emotional roller coaster together. I want you all to know that as a collective that we will get through this together. I want you to feel supported during these times of uncertainty, I want you to find the good, the positive in these times.
Today I wanted to put together some feel-good tips and perspectives.
- Enjoy this time with your family. I am taking this opportunity to be more present with my kids and husband, this feels like another opportunity to bond with my family, to come together and enjoy the simple things that I used to take for granted
- Time to experiment. There has been a lot of things I have wanted to do but never had the time to do like DIY crafts that I had already bought the supplies years ago but never followed through.
- Read a book. My kids are home so when they are working on their reading skills I to am picking up a book to read. If you can always purchase an audiobook too!
- You Are A Badass: how to stop doubting your greatness and start living an awesome life. By Jen Sincero
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur by Cara Alwill Leyba
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- Stay Hydrated friends! I love putting cucumber and mint into my water
- Play indoors! Lots of fun to be had inside your home like board games, card games or working out in the basement/garage.
- Fresh Air. I have been heading out to the backyard with the kids and just playing. We are enjoying kicking a ball around.
- Learn a new skill. Has there been an online course you always been wanting to do but haven’t had the time? Do it now! Take the time to learn something so that we are able to leave our homes you will be ready to possibly offer a new skill to others, maybe this will bring our new passion and purpose to your life.
- Edit.If you are a photographer maybe go through older sessions and play with editing, maybe you will find a new sense of style.
- Socialize Digitally.Don’t forget to call or video chat with your loved ones.
- Laugh. I know how can we possibly laugh during these times but I read that laughter boosts your immune system for 24 hours while anger weakens your immune system for 4-5 hours, say what?! Here are some of my favorite accounts that bring positivity, a smile to my face and laughter. Instagram:
I hope these tips bring you some kind of joy to your days and if I missed anything please comment below what is helping you through these days of isolation.
I will be going live on my Facebook group daily to go over every module of LightRoom, showing tips, tricks, and going over my editing style. I hope you can join us to socialize as a digital community. If you have yet to join our photography community please click here to join.